Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Glorify

The past several months, my prayer has been that God would let me glorify Him. This poem is the essence of my  prayers.

Bring me joy, bring me sorrow
Bring me peace, bring me toil
Bring me laughter, bring me tears
Bring me anything that will give You glory.

Take me to the mountain top, take me to the valley
Take me where people are in pain,
Take me where they rejoice
Take me anywhere I can glorify You.

Show me others' hearts, show me nothing
Show me beauty, show me ashes
Show me Your glory, show me not
Show me what You will and through Your eyes.

Allow me to feel anger, allow me to feel love
Allow me to feel another's pain, or only my own
Allow me to feel gracious, allow me to feel just
Allow me to experience emotions as You do

For my greatest honor would be to give You glory
My highest goal is to go where I can praise You
My only desire is to see this world using Your vision
My very calling is to feel as Your own heart does.

No comments:

Post a Comment